men's leather wallet, black with turquoise interior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• men's leather wallet, black with turquoise interior

This is my second project using Chevre Sully from Alran. Right now 98% of my projects are wallets and bags made from natural vegetable tanned leather, as they mostly have tooling designs on them. But I want to go in the fine leatherworking direction, with ready made designs rather than fully customizable as I do now.

Alran Sully is amazing. I use it all the time for lining bags and for SLGs. Do you have a skiving machine? Your project looks great but I would work on getting those edges a bit thinner. I know you work mostly with veg tanned and tooling projects which tends to be chunkier than the fine leather work.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a skiving machine, for me it's only a hobby. The leather was 0.5 mm from the start, but I wanted to make a fully lined wallet. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Try practicing with a hand skiver. On small straight edges you can do it pretty fast. For the lining you can stop it right before the edge so it’s not adding to the thickness.

Comment

So skive only the edges. I understand, thanks for the tips!

Comment

And I should also reduce the thickness of the outer panel. Right now it's 2 mm.

Comment

Good luck! And great work so far

Comment

Thanks! I am.still at the beginning, lots more work to do

Comment

I really like the colors. Great work

Comment

Really cool color combination!

Comment

Working...
                    X