The Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Box

This is a box I finished last year using natural veg tanned leather and grey Alran sully for the interior (sorry I don’t have any good photos of the interior on my phone.) The front, back, and underside of the lid feature architectural designs by Francesco Borromini, which were carved using an x-acto blade and tooled for relief. Subtle color was added using J. Herbin inks and sealed with an acrylic satin finish. The edges were painted with vernis. Overall, it measures 6 inches (~15.2cm) cubed.

Although it was made to suit a client’s wishes, the real purpose of the project was to discover and experiment with the techniques necessary to make it. By the end of it, I had expanded my vocabulary of possible objects, which is all we can hope for in a good project. Hopefully others here will see an idea or two in it that they like.

wow this is art! very nice...excellent work.

Comment

• Nathan Robbins
      Nathan Robbins commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much!

Very well done! Such a great idea

Comment

Wow! that is impressive! I love one off projects like this where you really get to much the limits of your skills. excellent job

Comment

Wow! This is beautiful.

Comment

Really impressive work. I have never done a box because it seems incredibly difficult.

Comment

Impressive indeed ! excellent work !

Comment

Working...
            X