Weinheimer Waprolux Combo wallets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weinheimer Waprolux Combo wallets

I finished this trio of wallets up a week and a half ago. Black Weinheimer Waprolux calfskin exteriors, with Alran Sully interiors in Bordeaux, Electric Blue and Sky Blue. The chèvre was split to 0.5mm and I fully lined each pocket.

I used a Blanchard 9 and stitched with Amy Roke linen thread. I did not punch all the way through. I really enjoy using an awl. My interior (backside) stitches aren't perfect. I think my biggest problem is an awl blade that's not as sharp and polished as it could be.

Edges are painted with the last of my black Fenice. I'm ready to finally try some Uniters.
    Last edited by fannintexas; 06-07-2019, 02:20 AM.

A few more shots

Comment

Love them!

Comment

Originally posted by Timewellspent View Post
        Love them!
        Thanks TWS!

Comment

Nice!! What iron did you use to crease the edges? Did you use fold over the pockets?

Comment

• fannintexas
            fannintexas commented
            Editing a comment
            I used an F2 tip for creasing. All the pockets are folded except the curved one, it's lined but has a painted edge.

Originally posted by mason1800 View Post
          Nice!! What iron did you use to crease the edges? Did you use fold over the pockets?
          Thanks for the reply fannintexas . All three wallets look great.

Comment

These look lovely. Where did you get the leathers from and what leathers did you buy? what threads are you using?

Comment

• fannintexas
              fannintexas commented
              Editing a comment
              I buy most of my leathers from Rocky Mountain Leather Supply in the US. These leathers are Weinheimer Waprolux and Alran Sully. I use Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable and Amy Roke linen threads.
          Working...
          X