Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suede Edge painting

Hi everyone, I have a question.

I am trying to make a suede briefcase. I am using goat suede (thin) gluing it on both size of 1-2oz bridle natural leather (not colored).
    That gives me an edge about 2-3oz to work with. I am keep failing to apply edge paint that looks beautiful. It doesn't look straight as it sticks to the suede skin pores and the uneven edge of the suedes make the edge paint completely uneven.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by alexdorand View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a question.

I am trying to make a suede briefcase. I am using goat suede (thin) gluing it on both size of 1-2oz bridle natural leather (not colored).
    That gives me an edge about 2-3oz to work with. I am keep failing to apply edge paint that looks beautiful. It doesn't look straight as it sticks to the suede skin pores and the uneven edge of the suedes make the edge paint completely uneven.

Any suggestions?
    You need to get an electric edge creaser to crease the edge. This will give you a distinct line along the edge and will make it easier to apply the edge paint evenly.

Comment

• alexdorand
      alexdorand commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I was under this impression that since the inks are pigmented inks they need to be applied to the rough surfaces.
      I am going to try that. Thank you.
Working...
X