Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Years resolution / What do you want to achieve in 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years resolution / What do you want to achieve in 2019?

At the end of every year I always expected to get more done than I feel like actually got done. I think sometimes looking from the outside in people see your progress better than you see it yourself since you're living it day to day and it can seem quite slow. 2018 was actually really big year for me. Kind of catching up my brand with thing other than just the products themselves, like the new website, tutorials, this forum, and of course renovating my atelier. There is actually more to come that I had hoped to have finished but simply didn't have time. So my goal for 2019 is to catch up with all my delays and get a feel for the exact direction I'm going.

I've seen a HUGE increased interest in fine leather working over the last few years, its incredible. So many new shops for leather supplies, new tool makers, new professional and hobby leather workers. It's definitely an exciting time for makers in a lot of different fields. I can only imagine how it will be in 10 years.

My resolution is to set aside time so I improve my skills.

Comment

I really want to learn how to skive. I’ve been trying different tools and techniques and since I can’t afford to invest in a machine right now, my goal is to get good at hand skiving and also sharpening my knives. This includes one of my other goals: I want to try to reduce single use products in the workshop for example disposable blades. :-)

Comment

I would love to learn gusset construction methods.

Comment

I would to improve my ability in craftmanship..... learn and become the best version of myself in this field

Comment

In 2019 : learning from you once a month ?. Improve the skills, serve better, and launch new designs ?

Comment

Make more large items; bags and briefcases, move from hobby to business.

Comment

I dream that in 2019 my country would become a bit richer, and people were able to buy things that I create. Because I will be forced to close my business. And my goal is to make money for studying the design of bags in Milan

Comment

My goal for 2019 is to learn enough about bag making to make small clutches to sell and use that money to invest in quality leather working machines and tools. I have found this is quite an expensive hobby and I already have other hobbies so the money I allocate to my hobbies is getting pretty stretched

Comment

Hopefully master stitching and sharpening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibsmaxwell View Post
                      My goal for 2019 is to learn enough about bag making to make small clutches to sell and use that money to invest in quality leather working machines and tools. I have found this is quite an expensive hobby and I already have other hobbies so the money I allocate to my hobbies is getting pretty stretched
                      I know the feeling... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X