No announcement yet.

What glue do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok to pour saregum glue into a glue pot? It’s pricey so I’m gun shy to pour it out ! What kind of shelf life does it have?

Comment

• PeterNitz
      PeterNitz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I keep mine in one and it basically lasts forever. One 10L container lasts me a couple years.

Awesome I can’t wait to use it! I use a chemical mask with the barge but doesn’t seem like a good idea!!

Comment

In my area I get Kenda Farben eco glue, which is plant based and non chemical.
      http://www.kendafarben.it/doc/pavikend-eng.pdf
      It adheres well but can be removed too when needed.

Comment

I use Water based Aquilim 315 and solvent based Syntic-Total. I use the solvent based glue for watch strap reinforcements, and lined pockets without stitching (Maybe it would be enough with water based glue for the lined pockets

Comment

In my practice I use visa glue. For example, E6000 237032 Glue, Barge All Purpose Cement, Original Gorilla Glue. If you are interested in more this question, you can find all the information here.
          ✅ Best Leather Glue for Repair Leather Shoes, Belts, Handbags and Sofas. Review in 2019 .

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNitz View Post
            I think this is the most appropriate first thread for the forum since this is hands down the question I am asked most. I use a product called Saregum, which I get from Mando in Paris. It is a water based contact glue and if you're pretty quick rinsing it with soapy water after use, you can use the brush again and again. What I love most about this glue is that its dries fairly quickly, doesn't smell and even though it adheres really well, if you absolutely need to "unglue" something, you can.
            Peter, how do you use Saregum, as a contact cement (glue on two pieces and let dry until tacky) or can you also use it as wet bond (on one piece and assemble)

Comment

• PeterNitz
              PeterNitz commented
              Editing a comment
              no. its only a contact cement

Hello,

Since we use the Saregum glue we are experiencing some technical problems with our skiving machine.
            When skiving, even a small piece, a layer of glue residue is left on the knife (see attachment to see glue residue after 20cm of skiving).
            The machine then doesn’t work as it should and makes a lot of noise.
            The machine was checked by a technician and there is nothing wrong with the machine on a technical level.

Does anyone have the same problem? What can we do to solve this, because we really love using this glue?

Thank you!
            Steffie

Comment

• PeterNitz
              PeterNitz commented
              Editing a comment
              you need to use the grinding/sharpening wheel to clean the glue off of the knife :-)

hello guys im new here im also looking for a eco friendly glue, im currently using the barge but it has strong odour. i do sneaker restorations you can check me or check my works at www.instagram.com/kanotsky is saregum can be reactivated by heat when it dies?

Comment

• PeterNitz
              PeterNitz commented
              Editing a comment
              I have never tried to reactivate it with heat but i don't think so. The good thing about Saregum is that it doesn't have any odor

I am trying to buy Saregum glue. Any place I cyan buy online that ships to Canada? RM has small pack. I am making a briefcase, do you glue the inlining suede? or stitching alone is enough?
            Also do you use the same glue to secure lock?

Comment

• PeterNitz
              PeterNitz commented
              Editing a comment
              some parts of the briefcase the lining is fully glued and other parts only along the edges to hold it in place for stitching. For the lock it all depends on what hardware you have but glue alone is never a good idea for securing hardware.

How can I pick out the best product from those listed on this site?
            https://11must.com/best-glue-for-leather/

Comment

Wow, I didn't know there was glue that is odorless and non-toxic for leather! Mine is just horrible! Do you think Saregum will be effective in gluing my leather soles to my moccasins?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X