Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonded leather - Salamander

Hi,
    I am hoping to "step up" my leather projects and introduce proper structure stiffening.
    From what I have read, so far, Salamander Bonded Leather is the preferred choice. If so, which type/series of their product range do you prefer?
    Skinflex Corell B/Extra, Cabra Sup/Extra, Universal B/Natur or ?
    As for thickness, I am thinking of getting 0.4 and 0.6 mm, any thoughts on that?

All input are welcomed, thank you!

Hi, Morten.
    I'm also in search of what type of Salamander I should get so your post is very helpful..
    Are you going to get it straight from the company or have you find a retailer?

Thank you!

Georgia

Comment

I have no knowledge about bag stiffening. But I found a place where you can buy a lot of reinforcement materials. Salpa Bonded leather, Jaeger reinforcement tapes and such. So I thought I share.
      https://www.colliniatomi.it/en/regen...ils-salpa.html

Comment

• Morten
        Morten commented
        Editing a comment
        I lift my virtual hat for you Danne! Haven't seen that website before. Interesting options there, also since I work with shoes. Thank you!!

Hello Georgia,

Guess we are in the same boat then. I have a package with Salamander samples on the way. According to a sales representative my colleague met at Lineapelle, they mainly do industrial sized orders, so I got forwarded to a company in France. With a minimum order amount of 650 euros. Guess I can decorate all the walls of my workshop, and model a pirate ship to power-nap in after lunch, with bonded leather, if I go for such an order. 90 meters. Considering also to just buy from : http://www.cuirtextilecrea.com/salpa...er-c2x25748157
      If I go for Salamander however, I would gladly arrange for you to try/buy some. Keep me updated if you find another route.

Morten

Comment

• GeorgiaKappa
        GeorgiaKappa commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used Salamander with Peter and it's really worth every penny. It has the feeling of leather, it bends without getting any breaks and cane be skived. I've used salpa of lower quality that I've found in Greece and it's rubbish..
        I've just placed an order in cuirtextilecrea and they've informed me that they don't sell Salamander bonded leather (I've read in Reddit that they offer Salamander).
        If you decide to go for Salamander I would gladly buy some from you!

Georgia

• Morten
        Morten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the "warning" Georgia.
        Maybe we could encourage Peter to share his preferred specs for the Salamander products?
        Expect the samples to arrive this week, will keep you updated.

M
        Last edited by Morten; 03-19-2019, 07:08 AM.

Hello.
      I came across this site https://www.foxi-graph.com/products-...-brut/?lang=en . I believe it's Salamander bonded leather that they sell and it actually explains the different products the company offers. I'll send them an email and let you know about their answer.

Georgia

Comment

• Morten
        Morten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats the one. As mentioned though, only B2B and minimum quantity orders. Will keep looking for a retail-seller.

M

• GeorgiaKappa
        GeorgiaKappa commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry.I didn't understand you were referring to them. I'll keep searching too..
        I've also contacted the factory but I haven't heard from them yet.

Georgia

Hi everyone , what is salamander bonded leather? Is it salpa? Reconstituated leather ? Thank you

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Looking for a leather factory in Portugal can anyone assist?

Comment

Working...
        X