Fonttype for hot foil machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonttype for hot foil machine

I am in the process of choosing a fonttype for use with a hot foil machine, i have seen that most users work with Times New Roman however it seems that many brand are switching to Sans Serif fonts, (see Burberry changed its logo for the first time in 20 years) , so i after going through so many many differnent types, i was thinking about BRANDON GROTESQUE MEDIUM , as probably the regular would be too thin . Any thoughts ? My plan was trying this font in only the Capiltals

Hi Martine, I would go with the one you like best and also which goes best with your makers mark / logo. As I am not a big fan of serif fonts I would definitely choose the sans serif!

Comment

I always like the look of vintage style fonts even though they aren't really popular right now, but i think just choose what you like the best and what reflects your style and taste. Ive also been thinking about what additional fonts i want to get but I can't decide :-)

Comment

WHi, I’m fairly new to this community so forgive me if I sound like I know what I’m talking about. I’m of the opinion that craftspeople exist to be different from the norm. In a world littered with so many brands, all of whom are chasing a bottom line in one way or another, making something special, by hand, is such a rarity, it deserves a rare approach to its branding and typeface. Just because some company or other decides to change its font, doesn’t sound the charge fornus all to change. It could simply be the natural evolution of that brand. Similarly, keeping true to your values, developing a natural progression or evolution for your brand certainly sets you apart. There’s no harm in being inspired (read: plagiarise!) from the past.

Personally, I’m keen to explore Gotham typeface as it fits in with other works of mine in the past. It’s clean, sharp, distinctive as a post Art Deco font - even though it’s relatively new! With applications like Photoshop and similar, there’s no real reason why one couldn’t see their curiousoty satisfied by seeing their font realised albeit in a photograph.

Sorry for going on a bit. Hope it helps some.
        Stephen

Comment

• PeterNitz
          PeterNitz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting Stephen. Thats a great looking front. Very clean and modern but still a vintage feel to it.

So i just bit the bullet and made a decision and chose Brandon Grotesque bold as my new front for mongramming and other bespoke lettering on my products. I ordered with Hex'nHit and can't wait to get it and try it out. Below is a pic of the font.

Comment

Happy to be part of the community.
          Just bought a Kwikprint heat debosser. Looking for suggestions where to buy the brass type set for monograming. Tx !

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Dog Trading Co. View Post
            Happy to be part of the community.
            Just bought a Kwikprint heat debosser. Looking for suggestions where to buy the brass type set for monograming. Tx !
            Did you try hexnhit already?

Comment

Graphic designer here, so if anyone needs help deciding or just wants more options, serif, sans serif etc, would be happy to help. A lots of beautiful fonts are available today for free, although there are options where clients or designers are paying a lot of money for a single font. I have a few fonts that are pricey and I would say the main difference is that those have almost perfectly consistent space between each letter. Keep in mind that spacing is not the same between for example letter D and O or between the letter C and J. C and J already have a spacing that letters are forming with their shape, no matter how close they are. It's not a problem for a logo branding iron where everything is already put together but it would be a bit messy with a custom alphabet with interchangeable stamps

Comment

Working...
              X